[lbo-talk] Party Building (Booing Manning Marable)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Mar 16 03:08:42 PST 2004

>[lbo-talk] Booing Manning Marable
>John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com, Mon Mar 15 21:37:09 PST 2004
<snip>
>I knew many people last time around who voted Nader in an attempt to
>help build a third party. They wanted Federal matching funds for the
>Green party. What has Nader done to further that goal between this
>election and the last? I don't know of anything. I don't think one
>can argue in good faith that Nader is interested in building a
>third party. He had an opportunity and he did not even bother to
>make token gestures towards that goal. From where I'm sitting
>Naders run looks more like a peacock spreading his tail feathers
>than anything else. I wish it were otherwise but see no evidence
>that supports the claim that Nader is party building. Running for
>President is not in and of itself a party building exercise.

Party building is not the work of one person, however famous or infamous. Party building is the work of masses of party members and sympathizers, including yourself (if you are a party member or sympathizer, that is).

The last time when the question of party building came up on LBO-talk, it turned out that those who complained that Nader had not done party building themselves had not done and were unwilling to do party building: <http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20040216/subject.html>.

What have you done or are you willing to do to build the Green Party? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>