[lbo-talk] Re: The Consumer Self

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 16 12:08:48 PST 2004

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, BklynMagus wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> Michael writes:

> > I say it again: You are simply wrong about individualism.
>
> Cling, Baby, Cling!!! LOL.

Give it up, Brian. Arguing with Michael about this is like arguing with a devout Catholic about the existence of God. I don't think there is a meaningful argument that will lead him to question the value the notion of the free, separate individual. (--And ironically, I can't resist pointing out, when people like Michael and James H. celebrate the "subject", they are not generating a unique, idiosyncratic insight; they are clearly demonstrating that they have been well socialized into a society that values freedom and individuality.)

Miles