[lbo-talk] me on LI

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 11:06:36 PST 2004

[I'm giving a talk (my basic New Economy rap) in Huntington, Long Island, on Sunday evening. Here's the announcement. For more on the LI Freespace - "by the kids, for the kids" - see <http://www.lifreespace.org>.]

Sunday, March 21st, 7pm- After the New Economy with Doug Henwood 16 E. 8th St. Huntington Station, NY 11746 516.616.315

"In the late 1990's, we were constantly told the economy had entered a miraculous era of universal prosperity with no end in sight- well, the bubble burst. What happened and why? Was it really a new era? What's going on in our economy today, and how much hope is there for the future?"

Doug Henwood is the editor and publisher of Left Business Observer, host of a weekly radio show on WBAI, and is a contributing editor of The Nation. He is the author of The State Of the USA (Simon and Schuster, 1994), Wall Street (Verso, 1997), and After the New Economy (The New Press, 2003).

Take the Southern or Northern State Pkwys, or the LIE to the Rt. 110 North Exit. Take Rt. 110 North over Jericho Tpke. and proceed into Huntington Village. Make a left onto Main St. and your first right onto Gerard Wall St. Continue on Wall St. for 3/4 of a mile. Make a left onto Southdown Rd. Keep your eyes peeled for Browns Rd., and make a right. UU will have mad signs.