[lbo-talk] How to Read

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 17 11:16:49 PST 2004

It's an attack, among other things, on a certain sort of individualism -- Bethamite egoism. The ide, as I take it, that at the level of the wage contract, the "rights of man," including egoism, prevail, but below that, at the level of production and value creation, there is exploitation that is masked by the superficial freedom, voluntarines, and equality of a self-interested agreement. I am sure that is what Yoshie meant. Marx too. jks