[lbo-talk] Doug Henwood's Critique of Gary Null

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 17 16:58:56 PST 2004

mitchelcohen at mindspring.com wrote:

>We learn a little later in his article what he thinks of Revici's
>methods for decreasing the acidity of one's blood and increasing the
>alkaline content, which is a crucial co-factor in making the body
>inhospitable to the generation and spread of cancerous tumors.

I'm going to respond to the rest of this tomorrow, since I'm about to leave the office for the day, but I had some personal experience of Revici. About ten years ago, my uncle was suffering from advanced prostate cancer, and my family, who'd fallen under the spell of "Dr" Gary Null, took him to see Revici. Revici charged them hundreds of dollars for small vials of unspecified liquids, and a very brief consultation. Of course, my uncle died shortly thereafter. These quacks piss me off.

Mitch, what I quoted from Barrett was his information on "Dr" Null's academic background. If you have any evidence it's wrong, please cite it. The rest of what you quote - "one judge" (like who, in what case?) - isn't really relevant.

Doug