[lbo-talk] Coming back to the list with... historical ephemera, or something

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 18 09:09:48 PST 2004

Hi all

Coming back to the list, after sort of surfing for, well, ages, I wanted to ask for a new direction on something I know has been discussed over and over again here.

Okay, I apologise in advance but, Orwell.

Yeah. Orwell. I want some perspective on Orwell, I guess, that I don't feel I have. I've read quite a lot lately, lately, for various reasons, but I know that Hitchens etc claim he's the god of the Left Wing, and others see him as incredibly compromised at best.

Although I know this conversation has been circumnavigated saeveral times, could someone give me a direction to critiques of Orwell-as- Progressive/Left/YouKnow.

Thanks

Catherine (the weather here remains tolerable)

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/