[lbo-talk] Doug Henwood's Critique of Gary Null

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 18 09:25:05 PST 2004

> I am not sure that there is a particular association
> of "alternative medicine" and "the left." Maybe with
> the "counterculture," if that still exists, but maybe
> it does more than the left does.
>
> jks

These nutballs are all over our alternative/community/left radio stations. When "Dr." Null shares a station with Doug Henwood and Noam Chomsky, Doug Henwood and Noam Chomsky get wrapped in the same package as "Dr." Null. The deleterious effect of this is impossible to overstate. Newbies laugh and keep cruising the dial, and devotees get the message that our side of the spectrum can't really make an equal claim to reason and evidence. It's a huge disaster that we have these wackos on our call-letters.