[lbo-talk] Doug Henwood's Critique of Gary Null

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Thu Mar 18 09:41:07 PST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Thomas Seay wrote:

> I know it all seems like "common sense" to deride
> these things, but I am sure that all prejudices are
> guided by "common sense". "Common sense" is not
> compatible with science.
>
> -Thomas

Yep. The people who reject it outright are as anti-scientific and irrational as the people who blindly accept it. Conducting experiments (sorry, I guess the epidemiologists call them clinical trials) is a straightforward procedure for urine therapy or other forms of alternative medicine. Gimme data, then I'll make a decision about whether or not it's quackery.

Miles