[lbo-talk] Jamal Zougam

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 11:17:45 PST 2004

Mr. Pugliese, the reports of the purported hijackers having stolen identities came from the FBI itself. So you really seem to have achieved nothing but to confuse the issue - as usual.

In late September 2001, the Chicago Tribune said of Alhazmi, Almihdhar and Hanjour: "Even now, as details of their San Diego lives emerge, more is unknown than known. The most basic of facts - the very names of the men - are uncertain. The FBI has said each used at least three aliases. 'It's not going to be a terrible surprise down the line if these are not their true names,' said Jeff Thurman, an FBI spokesman in San Diego." [Chicago Tribune, 9/30/01] The Washington Post reported, "Investigators have found that the hijackers and some of their suspected accomplices have freely swapped names, credit cards, e-mail accounts and other identifying information. For example, Badr Mohammed H. Hazmi, a San Antonio radiologist under arrest as a material witness, has used the alias of Khalid Almihdhar." [Washington Post, 9/20/01] A terrorism expert told Newsday, "These people are clever. This is another world of changing identities and false identities. We may not ever know who some of these people were after all the name changes, the transliterations, the spelling differences." [Newsday, 9/21/01] Little more is known a year later.

_________________________________________________________________ Find a broadband plan that fits. Great local deals on high-speed Internet access. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/