[lbo-talk] Null and Void

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Mar 18 20:21:39 PST 2004

You might want to reserve your judgement about fluoride until you read more about it. It's use is controversial for a good reason regardless of how many kooks latch onto anti-fluoride brigades for reasons known only to them. Almost all the evidence I've seen about fluoride says it must be absorbed directly through the surface of the tooth rather than being ingested. That's why fluoride toothpaste is a good idea but fluoridated water, perhaps not. When you visit the dentist he puts fluoride treatments directly on the surface of your tooth so it can be absorbed. He doesn't give you fluoride supplements to take home with you. I know nothing about Null in particular but I've yet to see an exclusively alternative health practitioner who impressed me. They seem to be either ill informed and well intentioned or con artists. Some others have denigrated acupuncture as "unscientific" and unfounded but it has been fairly rigorously tested for an alternative therapy. It worked better than steroid injections on my tendonitis. It seem to me most alternative therapies go untested either because they are not patentable or they are such horse shit nobody would pay good money to test them just to prove they don't work.

John Thornton