[lbo-talk] really bad political music

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 19 07:52:40 PST 2004

[You gotta hear this to believe it - sung from the personna of a "real" cowboy, a rebuke of the "fake" one in the White House.]

From: TrueMajority <alerts at action.truemajority.org> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 21:40:01 -0500 (EST) Subject: A Gift of Music

It's great, isn't it, when someone bakes you cookies or gives you flowers they grew - or a handmade sweater or something they drew. Those types of gifts are the best.

That's why we are so happy and touched that Stephan Smith asked us to give you a song!

It's called "You Ain't a Cowboy." (Hint: It's about a blue-blood who now lives in Crawford, Texas.) It's a single that won't be released until June, but he's given it to the TrueMajority community because he likes what we're all doing together. Just click here to hear the song:

<http://action.truemajority.org/ctt.asp?u=519963&l=411>

Stephan, who's toured with Bob Dylan, Dave Matthews, and others, dedicated his entire tour of 140 shows last year to raising money for community groups. The themes of his music - compassion, sustainability, and peace - are a good match for us all.

Happy listening,