[lbo-talk] really bad political music

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 19 10:25:53 PST 2004

"Doug:
> [You gotta hear this to believe it - sung from the personna of a
> "real" cowboy, a rebuke of the "fake" one in the White House.]

That may not be exactly what I would pick (to say it mildly) - but if it does have some appeal to those who listen to this kind of stuff, what's wrong with that?

A question to those better versed in country&western than I am - is the tune in question a good country, average country, or bad country?

Wojtek"

Right now, I'm listening to "Holiday in Cambodia" by the Dead Kennedys, and next up is "Career Opportunities," by the Clash, and then perhaps some System of a Down and Corrosion of Conformity, just to give support to that neglected sub-genre, leftist metal.

This song above sounds too horrible to even contemplate. I just can't do it.