[lbo-talk] Chomsky, Nader, & the Green Party

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Sat Mar 20 18:44:57 PST 2004

>>On Saturday, March 20, 2004, at 04:29 PM, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>If the majority of Americans were really angry with Ralph Nader's actions
>as you argued, why worry about Nader helping Bush get reelected at
>all? Just how many votes in the battleground states do you think Nader
>will receive? It is evident that you aren't convinced of what you are
>saying. :-)
>
>I'm confident that Bush will be voted out (barring a major terrorist
>attack on the mainland United States), and I'm interested in making sure
>that John Kerry will not win by a landslide and, more importantly, that
>organizers and activists in social movements know what kind of Democratic
>president they will be fighting against for four years:

I wish I could share your confidence. I think this election is going to be really close and I expect Bush and Co. to pull of something questionable similar in intent at least to what transpired in FL. Nobody can know for certain but I have a bad feeling that were going to be seeing W for some time to come.

John Thornton