[lbo-talk] March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Mar 21 14:53:27 PST 2004

Carrol Cox wrote:
> I hope the kind of bitter and irresponsible sectarianism
> Jon exhibits above is as rare elsewhere as it is in
> Bloomington/Normal.

Wha? Jon was not _prescribing_ such a response. He was warning of a genuine risk. Kerry has to loose for Nader's run to be of any importance. If Nader earns the title of "spoiler," blackballing of Nader and his campaigners are the likely impact. Not universally, but enough to matter. You and Yoshie have warned that supporting Kerry would injure the anti-war and other left efforts. The negative fallout for the left (or whatever you want to call it) was your paramount concern. Now, Jon's cautionary example of the detrimental impact of Nader's run on the very same efforts is fobbed off. Why the capitalist Nader or small business-happy Greens have the support, even tacitly, of uncompromising Marxists still confounds me.

The entire Nader campaign is all line, no party. There aren't many better examples of "bitter and irresponsible sectarianism" than this.

-- Shane

-- "There's something about zombies wandering around a shopping mall looking for people to eat, battling with a motorcycle gang and some desperate, well-armed civilians, that says _America_."

-- Max Sawicky

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!