[lbo-talk] Re: Just listed on Google News

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 19:19:44 PST 2004

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1079919065717_3/?hub=TopStories

>From which there's this, Democrats once again pissing
away the advantage and selling their constituents down the river:

"Senator Joe Lieberman (D-Conn.) said Sunday he doesn't believe Clarke's charge that the Bush administration - which defeated him and former vice-president Al Gore in the 2000 election - was focused more on Iraq than al Qaeda during the days after the terror attacks.

"I see no basis for it," Lieberman said on Fox News Sunday. "I think we've got to be careful to speak facts and not rhetoric."

And Senator Joe Biden (D-Del.) said Sunday on ABC's This Week that while he has been critical of Bush policies on Iraq, "I think it's unfair to blame the president for the spread of terror and the diffuseness of it. Even if he had followed the advice of me and many other people, I still think the same thing would have happened.""