[lbo-talk] re: Chomsky, Nader, and the Green Party

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Mon Mar 22 07:18:38 PST 2004

Eubulides wrote:

> [talking about Iraq is a way to begin to get a handle on the future of a
> mighty big beast, Ulhas. But, yeah, you're right......]

>http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-op-arkin21mar21,1,6995389
.
>story?coll=la-news-comment-opinions
> U.S. MILITARY
> War Plans Meaner, Not Leaner

I know what you mean, but wasn't the domestic oppression of blacks supposed to be the main prop of the US Imperialism? :)

I don't see much future in _excessive_ focus on anti imperialism. There is no anti-imperialism on a mass scale in large parts of world. All major regions/countries are cooperating with the US. I don't know much about the US politics, but I don't think making anti-imperialism the main plank is viable orientation for the Left in the current period.

Ulhas