[lbo-talk] Josef " Whitman " Dzhugashvili

" Chris Doss " nomorebounces at mail.ru
Tue Mar 23 04:13:20 PST 2004

I've been reading off-and-on one of those revisionist books on Stalin that have become fashionable recently in Russia, and the author asserts that, in his youth, the too-be Father of the Peoples wrote nature-themed poetry that was good enough to get published in an acclaimed Georgian literary journal. The book is so pro-Stalin that I at first thought this was probably bunk, but then I saw a TV documentary on the youth of the Vozhs' last night that made the same claim, and showed copies of the Georgian text. My question is, does anybody know anything about this early literay foray on the part of JS? It was news to me. Apparently he forbade its being republished in later life.