[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 23 14:12:30 PST 2004

Dear List.

I think that Ralph N's problem is more his discomfiture with sexuality and fear of anything that transgresses his neo-Victorian sense of primness.

He seems to be caught up in one of the frequent sex panics that possess many Americans from time to time. Just witness the bishop from Brooklyn who recently said same-sex marriage would lead to person-pet marriage.

The age at which a person should be "sexual" seems to have changed through the centuries. Right now we are in one of those "Protect the children" eras where sex is evil and fit only for adults. Of course, that means no sex education, no visible homosex, and lots and lots of shame.

> Somewhere (in _Minima Moralia_ I think) Adorno writes disparagingly of "sex taken as exercise."

He also thought homosexuality and totalitarianism made a nice couple LOL. Adorno on sex, like Scalia on Fire Island Pines, should be consulted for entertainment value only.

Brian Dauth