[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 23 14:27:09 PST 2004

So you dismiss the charges against MTV? Why? Is it OK with you to have 11-year-olds beinvited to watch drunken college kids engaging in public foreplay? Why?

Ralph Nader might fear sex. Who knows? Who cares? What has he ever directly said that is worse than the syrupy hypocrisy and rote repression mantras of the mainstream candidates? Jesus! The man favors gay marriage.

Call him an asshole for running if you want, but he's way better on gonadal politics than little w or the Kerrybot. That's just a fact.

----- Original Message ----- From: "BklynMagus" <magcomm at ix.netcom.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 2:12 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

> Dear List.
>
> I think that Ralph N's problem is more his discomfiture with sexuality and
fear of anything that transgresses his neo-Victorian sense of primness.

> He seems to be caught up in one of the frequent sex panics that possess
many Americans from time to time. Just witness the bishop from Brooklyn who recently said same-sex marriage would lead to person-pet marriage.

> The age at which a person should be "sexual" seems to have changed through
the centuries. Right now we are in one of those "Protect the children" eras where sex is evil and fit only for adults. Of course, that means no sex education, no visible homosex, and lots and lots of shame.

> > Somewhere (in _Minima Moralia_ I think) Adorno writes disparagingly of
"sex taken as exercise."

> He also thought homosexuality and totalitarianism made a nice couple LOL.
Adorno on sex, like Scalia on Fire Island Pines, should be consulted for entertainment value only.