[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:02:21 PST 2004

Henwood:

What's the harm of that? I can see if you're some kind of fundie, anxious about nonmarital sex, but otherwise, I don't get what the damage is from watching MTV.

Gulick:

Brain rot, dissipation of the critical faculties, vicariously identifying with conspicuous consumption of Moet and Benzes as the end-all and be-all of life, getting sucked into the fantasy that sporting nipple rings and tats makes you some kind of "cultural rebel" (yeah, nipple rings and tats brandishes by Texas A&M's starting offensive line). Jeezus, I thought you admired Tom Frank.

John Gulick Knxoville, TN

_________________________________________________________________ All the action. All the drama. Get NCAA hoops coverage at MSN Sports by ESPN. http://msn.espn.go.com/index.html?partnersite=espn