[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

Michael Dawson -PSU mdawson at pdx.edu
Tue Mar 23 16:54:22 PST 2004

Brian admits my point, which is that MTV isn't good for 11-year-olds, and that MTV markets to 11-year-olds. He then reverts to blaming parents for letting kids watch it. That's the official Republican position, and the heroin dealer's excuse.

As to what I want:

a) for people who don't like Nader to stop accusing him of insanity for saying quite sane things like "corporations target kids with pornography"; and

b) for Nader and other anti-corporate leaders to use their moments on TV to criticize MTV's (and other corporate productions') cynical exploitation of kids and to argue for the massive expansion of public media funding as a countervailing force.

----- Original Message ----- From: "B." <docile_body at yahoo.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 4:34 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids