[lbo-talk] Re: March 20, 2004, Columbus, OH: A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Simon Huxtable jetfromgladiators at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 07:47:17 PST 2004

Just a point of clarification: it is not the case that all non-white people are called blacks in the UK. Non-white people are grouped as either Black, Asian (unlike the US, 'Asian' refers to Pakistan/India or Bangladesh in the UK), Chinese or 'mixed race'.

Personally, I have never heard - to take a simple example - of someone of Pakistani origin being called 'black'.

Simon

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html