[lbo-talk] Re: Morris

Brad Mayer Bradley.Mayer at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 24 11:16:01 PST 2004

Unfortunately, Morris (Clintons' ole Republican boy) is probably right.

The unfortunate part is not that the Dems will lose - their victory won't lead to an "improved" political environment so long as the central political question of our time (no exaggeration intended) - total US support for Weapons Platform Israel - remains unaddressed, as it will under a Democrat President in 2004. The unfortunate part is this:

"The polls are starting to reflect the effectiveness of Bush's ads, which depict Kerry explaining his ultra-liberal record to the voters. This Democrat, who escaped scrutiny by posing as the un-Dean in the primary, is now being revealed as the leftist he is.

Having defeated the three candidates of his party who might have beaten Bush - Wesley Clark, Joe Lieberman and John Edwards - Kerry is finding out that America is a centrist nation."

The notion - easily purveyed - that Kerry is a "leftist", only shows how far to the right, and how far out of whack (by "whack" literally as in "whacked", as in out of touch with reality) the American political spectum is with the reality of its own situation, and with the rest of the world.

Morris of course means that "America is a far right nation". Like Israel.

George F. Will recently predicted that a terrorist attack in the US similiar to the one in Spain would produce an opposite reaction in the American body politic. Unfortunately, Will is probably also right. Americanus Ignoramus will rally around the Chimp. All Sharon has to do is time his provocations in a way so that the next big terrorist attack takes place so as to get Bush reelected.

I hope I'm proven wrong, and that, seeing the obvious cause and effect around Israel's most recent murderous action, people here start waking up to the fact that US support for Israel is the real source of terrorism.

As it is the central source of political reaction within the USA itself. The Israel Question is THE anchor that keeps the US political spectrum firmly pinned to the far right, in the form of the American Likudist political movement. Until it is dislodged, there will be no "more favorable" political climate for progressive politics no matter who is elected President. Unless that President begins to seriously question US support for Israel, finally. Which will happen when the global consequences of Israels' actions begin to seriously destabilize the American political regime, and "regime survival" kicks in. That could be sooner than you think if and when terrorism intersects with the global (US financial) economic crisis in places like Japan, for example. Or Britain: in both these Coalition countries, the US-Israel connection IS openly questioned. At some point certain foreigners might start yanking on America's purse strings, and then watch the US "political environment" change for the better no matter who is President. Then the defunding of our Middle Eastern weapons platform might begin.

At that point, we'll have to deal with the possibility that the nuclear suicide bomber state might threaten to blow itself up on the world. Also unfortunately. Quite a conundrum, eh?

Sorry if this appears as a digression. It is not: anybody who thinks that a Democrat as President, who does not address the Israel Question - and we already know in advance that they will not- is going to lead to an improved political environment here in the US is only fooling themselves. Thanks to US-Israel, in the domestic form of the American Likud, "terrorism" will remain the overarching cover for political reaction in the US for the foreseeable future, no matter who in the pre-approved mainstream becomes President.

-Brad Mayer ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Does anyone know what Morris's track record on predictions is? Because this is really creeping me out--it makes a lot of sense. http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/21657.htm