[lbo-talk] Re: Corporate Porn to Kids

Curtiss Leung curtiss_leung at ibi.com
Wed Mar 24 12:15:26 PST 2004

Yes--_B & B_ was terrific satire. I only just learned about _Daria_ and have to say it's an underrated gem. Regarding Doug's earlier question about _South Park_, also terrific.

That said, I don't think there's anything on these shows that justifies putting them in the same category as _Spring Break_. If anything, the acid portrait of Daria's sister and her clique is dead-on in its depiction of the viciousness and small-mindedness of the teens who buy into the worldview of an attractive ideal purveyed by _Spring Break_.

Curtiss