[lbo-talk] Re: Dick Morris: Why Bush Will Win By A Landslide

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Thu Mar 25 07:16:31 PST 2004

On Wednesday, March 24, 2004, at 04:42 PM, mike larkin wrote:

> That is not true!!!  The Republicans haven't won a majority or
> plurality of the popular vote in a Presidential election since 1988.
> Their popularity is greatly exaggerated by the media.

OK, I amend my statement: they prefer doofus Democrats who are half-Republicans to begin with and can charm the pants off them for some inexplicable reason and Republicans who almost get a majority of the popular vote and then luck into the White House due to a friendly Supreme Court as presidents.

In any case, I have a feeling in my bones that Morris is right about Bush winning big.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile