[lbo-talk] It was Condis Fault? (was Clarke: If Al Gore Had Been Elected, 9/11)

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Thu Mar 25 16:46:03 PST 2004

So everyone else is off the hook? No systematic failures, no inappropriate interference from the White House on investigations, just Condi not doing her job well enough. Looks like this could be spun into great news for the Republicans. Simple story; Condi fucked up, people got killed, Condi resigns, Bush and the rest of his entourage solve the question of who is to blame (someone has to be, right?) and Bush gets re-elected. Maybe I'm oversimplifying but this story look like it could be distilled down to what I've just described by the media. A sound bite friendly explanation. Condis fault. She was negligent. End of story.

John Thornton