[lbo-talk] 'shillin' with Al Franken

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 26 14:11:50 PST 2004

Good for Sam Smith. See Tom Gorman, "Al Franken and Al-Shifa" <www.counterpunch.org/gorman10182003.html>, where Franken is quoted as referring to himself as a "DLC Democrat" and defending Clinton's cruise-missile bombing of the al-Shifa Pharmaceutical Plant in Sudan in 1998 (which, we learned this week, Richard Clarke approved and still defends). --CGE