[lbo-talk] IRA & ETA ?

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Fri Mar 26 20:58:43 PST 2004

I find it very sad that the Irish, Palestinians, etc., can remember and keep alive resentments going back centuries, but Americans as a whole can't seem to muster an iota of class consciousness and memory for the Haymarket, the Pinkertons, the IWW, the CIO organizing struggles, the Farm Workers -- even Chicago 1968 has been forgotten.

Something in the drinking water in this country seems to be a powerful amnesia inducer.

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ Had I been present at the Creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better ordering of the universe. -- Attr. to Alfonso the Wise, King of Castile