[lbo-talk] GOP donors funding Nader

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Mar 27 14:50:21 PST 2004

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> You know, we can spend the next 6 months talking about Nader, Bush and
>> Kerry, or we can organize people to go on the offensive against the
>> United States.
>

> We could, and we're relying on you to lead the way, Chuck. But how many
> Americans do you think you could sign up for the cause? More than a
> couple of thousand at the outside?

Hey, we can get more than that! We already have several growing activist movements out there. Dissent is in fine shape, which is incredible given the atmosphere after 9-11. We all have more reach and influence than we will admit. I run a website which attracts around 100,000 visitors a month. Many of you are influential in academia and activist circles. The Left press reaches more people than ever, so the challenge is to implement our ideas instead of talking about them.

If you really want Bush out of office, there are a bunch of upcoming opportunities to put people out on the streets on a level that will embarass Bush. How many of the folks on this list are helping organize for the World Bank/IMF protests next month? The pro-choice march in Washington? How about the G8 summit in June or the party conventions? What kind of problems could we create for Bush if we helped turn out an extra ten thousand people for the Million Worker March in September? Or how about if we helped grocery workers in Northern California with their upcoming strike?

We also could be doing more in the realm of direct action and sabotage of the American war machine. I can't talk about those ideas on this list, but people are taking more serious action out there.

I know I'm preaching to the choir, but these discussions about Kerry-Bush-Nader will go around in circles for another six months.

Chuck0