[lbo-talk] GOP donors funding Nader

Seth Ackerman sethia at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 28 10:17:15 PST 2004

From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu>

> >Because they don't have the money to waste on such a stupid idea
>
> Of course it is a stupid idea -- my questions in this thread are
> entirely Socratic, leading the Anybody But Bush/Nader subscribers to
> their own conclusion that it is.

How is it a stupid idea? If a rightwinger could siphon votes from Bush in close swing states, it could defeat him. That would be a blow to the right.

> The more Nader/Green bashing, the more power to the the DLC wing of
> the Democratic Party.

So you're saying Nader's candidacy has provoked a wave of Green-bashing that is pushing the Democrats to the right? I thought the rationale of his candidacy was to push the Dems to the left. Sounds like it's not working.

By the way, on this list almost all Nader-bashing is coming from Nader's left.

Seth