[lbo-talk] GOP donors funding Nader

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Mon Mar 29 06:00:28 PST 2004

At 06:10 PM 3/28/2004, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>Welcome to Yoshie-land -- if there was a gun to her head, she'd reel off 17
>footnoted articles that "proved" that the gun didn't exist, or at least
>didn't exist in the way that pro-Kerry leftists insisted it did.

1 post to insist that the gun doesn't exist

1 post noting that the gun doesn't exist and to think otherwise is Idealism

1 post noting that the gun exists but the question of whether the trigger should

be pulled is mere moralizing and those who insist the gun exists are nominalists

which only takes as far as ***Hume <blah> and ****Hobbes <blah>

1 post to prove that the gun exists, but emphasizing the bullets is placing too

much on thirdness followed by excerpts from ****CS Pierce, *****Hilary

Putnam, and ****Roy Bhaskar

1 post to show that, while the gun and bullets do exist, we're playing 1917 Russian

Revolution Roulette. Therefore, the foundation of any left social movement must

be an antiwar movement.

1 post linking to a NY Times article about the epidemic of Russian Roulette

suicides among teens

1 post to show that roulette was a favorite game among Real Marxits (tm)

1 post showing that Marxism is declining at LBO and that's because Real Marxits

(tm) know that guns and bullets exist but they can't hurt them

1 post showing that this is because the bullets fly in one ear and out the other

of Real Marxits (tm)

1 post showing that even if the bullet pierces the temple, it will ricochet off

the steel plate, glancing past the shooter's head and landing in a Freudian couch

which just goes to show that Freudianism is dead

1 post showing that Real Marxits (tm) don't bleed

1 post showing that when the bullet goes in one ear and out the other, it will

pierce the temple of a UnReal Marxit (tm), richochet of the steel plates in

the UnReal Marxit's (tm) head and shoot democrats in the foot

1 post showing that the bullet won't kill all democrats, only DLC democrats

1 post showing that DLC democratic strategy is to get conservative southern whites

to vote for them, so obviously the DLC is opposed to representing the concerns

of the majority of people in the u.s. Shooting themselves in the foot.

1 post showing that this shooting at Real Marxits (tm) which ends up shooting

the DLC wing of the DP in the foot is political genius akin to Nader's

strategy of siphoning votes from Shrubya

1 post showing that those who hold guns to Real Marxits (tm) heads are

Nader=bashing, thereby pushing the country to the right

1 post showing that we must support third parties--erm, Nader--because

supporting Nader builds a left social movement

1 post showing that the Paris Communists would have supported Nader because

they raised a red flag. Red and Green are two of three primary colors

so, obviously, today, Reds vote Green

1 post reproducing a NY Times article about the history of the Blues.

This shows that Blacks created the Blues. Blue is another primary color,

so Black originators of Blues music would have voted for Nader

At 01:23 PM 3/28/2004, Doug Henwood wrote:
>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>The more Nader/Green bashing, the more power to the the DLC wing of the
>>Democratic Party.
>
>I thought part of the rationale of the Nader/Green (whatever the weird
>relations across the virgule) strategy was to push the Dems to the left.
>Is it working?
>
>Doug

obviously, Doug, if you'd stop bashing Nader, then it would. there are just gazillions of people waiting to hear what lefties like Doug Henwood have to say about how they should vote this year. of course, voting is VERY important in March 2004, even though in Dec of 2003, it was a bad idea because it distracts us from building a left social movement.

sheesh. Get a klew x 4!

At 12:57 PM 3/28/2004, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>If all Anybody But Bush/Nader ideologues subscribed to such a position,
>discussion would certainly come to a quick and pleasant end.

Rilly? And here I thought that it would have ended painlessly if you'd stop rabbiting on about it all!

> The DLC wing of the Democratic Party can count on no electoral defection
> from the Anybody But Bush/Nader crowd, so the former can take the latter
> for granted and move safely to the right to court undecided centrists
> everywhere, conservative Southern white Democrats, disaffected socially
> liberal and fiscally conservative Northern Republicans.

Now I know where loons go for the summer!