[lbo-talk] Blacklist or bad economy?

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Mon Mar 29 17:05:53 PST 2004

In a message dated 3/29/2004 2:04:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, chuck at mutualaid.org writes:

> Work sucks. Kill your boss.
>
> Chuck0

Not to diss all that fine anarchist rabble-rousing or all the data vacuuming capacities of multiple public and private entities, but if you were on the interviewing side, would YOU hire someone with a Kill your Boss signature on their email? Or just what kind of super hot stuff would a potential hire have to be to get away with it? And can you do the sell job and underplay the Kill your Boss part?

On the other hand, have you considered becoming your own boss? Especially if your sites have cred and good hit stats, perhaps you could induce people / entities with money to pay you for producing them. Or perhasp you could induce budding anarchists to pay you for any of a variety of workshops.

I admit, running your own business will either cause you to discover your inner Republican or make you an even better, more motivated, more effective anarchist. Plus, why on earth would anyone reduce anarchism to a mere market segment?

Personally, I have just done my accounts for my personal venture into self-employment. I am now prepared to go back to ranting as soon as I pick my topic. How about Entrepreneurship for the WalMart set?

>From the sounds of the other posts, though, if you have a pulse and a degree
you can probably get a teaching job somewherem, and you might be surprised how well you hold up. You might also be surprised how many kids take your well meant lessons and still become REpublican. For what it's worth I think do venturing into the public schools is an act of economic, social and emotional heroism

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040329/85538966/attachment.htm>