[lbo-talk] Re: blacklist or downturn

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 29 17:25:01 PST 2004

Find a small midwestern catholic high school and you can teach history any way you wish as long as it doesn't include mentioning devil worshiping. Trust me on this, I'm not exaggerating much. Those schools are quite different than public schools in so many ways. A geology professor friend of mine says he much prefers catholic school students to public school students in his intro classes. No intelligent design ideas making noise in the background and more often than not students with better basic research skills. Catholic high schools are staffed with a high number of non-catholics in the midwest. There may be a couple in KC worth looking into. In MO I believe parochial school teachers do not have to meet the same certification standards as public school teachers. This was true a few years ago when I last looked into it for a friend from the Czech Republic who was looking for a teaching job there.

John Thornton