[lbo-talk] Blacklist or bad economy?

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Mar 29 19:20:17 PST 2004

Miles Jackson wrote:

> Check out the BLS; over the next 10 years, academic positions are in
> the top ten for number of jobs opening up. I can understand
> why Chuck's not enthusiastic about the prof track, but the jobs
> are there. --Or you could be an RN.

I hate hospitals and the sight of blood, so being an RN is out.

I'm thinking that I might just try to create a "career" for myself involving temp work and freelance work. I'd like to find a library job because I'm tired of developing websites, but it might make sense for me to develop my own web development business. The problem with that is that I'm lousy with money and not very good at hustling up business. This is why I went from art to librarianship.

What academic fields are likely to have the most openings?

Thanks to folks for all of your good advice.

Chuck0