[lbo-talk] Re: House prices

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 22:48:42 PST 2004

Jordan wrote:

>>The places
that are selling all the new homes are getting further and further out on the transportation corridors (read: freeways). Pinole (north of SF) and Tracy (to the east) to name a few, but to the south there's Gilroy.<<

We presumably imported the "pent-up demand" concept from you guys then. Trouble is that although this model works in California with vast tracts of unbuilt space, we're a small island with limited space and even more limited planning permission.

My take on this is just the one I hinted at before. If you look at the house price booms in the world, they match up absolutely 1:1 with the deregulated financial systems. I don't think they match up with any other supply/demand characteristics.

dd

=====

___________________________________________________________ WIN FREE WORLDWIDE FLIGHTS - nominate a cafe in the Yahoo! Mail Internet Cafe Awards www.yahoo.co.uk/internetcafes