[lbo-talk] Re: blacklist or downturn

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Tue Mar 30 05:21:23 PST 2004

At 12:27 AM -0600 30/3/04, Chuck0 wrote:

>>Clearly if you can get the interviews you have the qualifications.
>>The interview is solely for the purpose of administering the grovel
>>test. You probably breeze in there and treat the employer as a
>>fellow human beings, an equal, right? Instead, you must demonstrate
>>that you know your place, they aren't going to take you seriously
>>unless you do, they'll think you are just going through the
>>motions, a work-shy bludger using subtle signals to indicate you
>>don't really want the job.
>
>Well, how the hell does one go about displaying this odious behavior
>in a job interview?

Buggered if I know, I've been on the dole for over 20 years. ;-)

In my day it was the other way around, bosses grovelled to potential employees. Formal interviews were reserved for middle class jobs and if you expressed the most off-hand interest in working somewhere the boss get very very eager. Then I would usually tell them I was only joking. So I never had to learn how and now I'm simply too old to learn new tricks.

>You are right, we anarchists aren't good workers, which must be why
>we invented the weekend and the get-away car.

That's more like it! Sure, you COULD learn to grovel. But on the other hand you could just wait the bastards out, eventually they'll have to come crawling back to me again... In the meantime I'll live it up on the taxes they pay. ;-)

Bill Bartlett bracknell Tas