[lbo-talk] poll results so far

Catherine Driscoll catherine.driscoll at arts.usyd.edu.au
Tue Mar 30 20:27:51 PST 2004

Dorene wrote:

> > Doug wrote:
> >
> > >Happy to put one up for you, though I wonder how many Americans could
> > >name John Howard.
> >
> > Let alone the leader of the opposition.
>

> That's who I was wondering about.
>
> Is it too much to add knowing each candidate's views on the US

Is that how you'd vote though? For an Australian govt, I mean, would you vote based on their views of the US?

But of course we don't vote for candidates in that way - not for John Howard or for Mark Latham (the leader of the opposition), but for one of a selection of local candidates who generally belong to one of the two parties they lead, but may not. So it would be silly, really, to have a poll of possible PMs. Instead it'd have to be possible governing parties.

> How hard would we have to pray to find people from the US who know anything
> about internal Aussie poltics????

Mind you, lots of Australians don't know so much about that.

Catherine

------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through IMP at ArtsIT: http://admin.arts.usyd.edu.au/horde/imp/