[lbo-talk] Re: Cultural change?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Sat May 1 07:33:28 PDT 2004

>From: Jacob Conrad <jakub at att.net>
>>
>>Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:
>><snip>
>>Relations between the sexes and among the races are far better than they
>>were in the 1950s, as is the treatment of sexual minorities. Childrearing
>>is more humane too; parents and children get along with each other better
>>than they did a generation or two ago. I know there's a temptation to
>>dismiss this as the realm of the "merely cultural," but it makes daily
>>life a lot better.
>>
>>Doug
>>

>Agreed. I find it simply astounding that anyone old enough to have some
>historical perspective, and certainly any native-born American, can
>blithely dismiss the impact of the 1960s cultural revolution.

Wake up and smell the empire. If the cultural revolution had amounted to anything, the US wouldn't be at war with the world now and an outrage to civilized people everywhere.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/