[lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documented monthsago

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat May 1 13:33:27 PDT 2004

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com wrote:

> Would be nice to see an international coalition make use of this to shove
> these guys out. Call me a dreamer.

We are going to shove them out. But you are indeed a dreamer if you think any international coalition is (a) going to blossome over night (it takes a year or two of hard work under the best conditions) or (b) that such a coalition can push them out very quickly (that takes a few years). But it's never too early to start the work, and that is why I have insisted from the beginning that the _only_ useful slogan for building such a coalition is "U.S. Out Now. No Conditions." We have to say that and stick to it now to get them out in three or four or more years.

And if you mean a coalition of "national governments," then you're rather more of a dreamer than I ever suspected you of being. :-)

Carrol