[lbo-talk] Purging Black Votes: 2000 and 2004

Eubulides paraconsistent at comcast.net
Sat May 1 18:03:16 PDT 2004

R wrote:

>society may have improve in some ways during the 1960s, but much is
rolled
>back and replaced by privatization, nonsense about "reverse
discrimination,"
>deregulation, the "war" on drugs, the "war" on terror, et al. and jim
crow
>once again rolls along.

This is one reason the left has so little broad appeal - there are deep reservoirs of pessimism, decline, depression, and fear in our discourse. We're literally hopeless, and can't even enjoy our victories. Cheer the fuck up.

Doug

Cynicism is so 20th century.

Dick Cheney is a cynic.

Donald Rumsfeld is a cynic.

Dubya would be a cynic if he knew what cynicism was.

The creeps who tortured the Iraqis are cynics.

"Yo, Diogenes. You gonna stay in that barrel forever?"