[lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documentedmonthsago

R rhisiart at charter.net
Sat May 1 20:36:19 PDT 2004

has anyone read the blurb in the latest In These Times magazine about Clarence Thomas falling asleep consistently during oral arguments? written by a lawyer who, if memory serves me correctly, indicated it would really be adding insult to injury if clarence wrote an opinion on a case he slept through.

much as i agree with carl about what i term the profession that can't police itself, i guess the upshot is that no group has a corner on stupidity. what concerns me is psychopaths in positions of power, whomever and whatever they may be. there are an awful lot of those in shrub's administration.

i look at Negroponte, mr deathsquad, being appointed US ambassador to iraq, and the gradual restoration of saddam's military officers by the US govt. a central american style "pacification" of iraq looks more and more likely. today's torture scenes will become routine, abundant, and denied, if that happens.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 7:19 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documentedmonthsago

>From: "Eubulides" <paraconsistent at comcast.net>

<Gasp!> You mean I can't even believe in *lawyers* anymore! I'm not sure my psyche can stand the strain of this disillusionment :)

Carl