[lbo-talk] Hersh on Abu Ghraib: Systematic and documented months ago

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at dodo.com.au
Sun May 2 16:24:55 PDT 2004

At 11:28 AM -0400 2/5/04, Doug Henwood wrote:

>You're underestimating what damage a gang of heavily armed religious
>lunatics who feel cornered can do. Do you have any sense how
>millenarian and violent the American right is?

I know they are full of hate, I tuned in to some of their internet chat a few years back and recoiled in horror. I assume they haven't got any better, but I haven't the stomach to check for myself, watching George Bush on the news is bad enough. However his simian grin and idiotic prattle are a tonic, opening the eyes of the world (and the US people) to the immorality and inanity of the political philosophy he represents.

But they have to be given a bit more rope to hang themselves with I think. Bitter medicine, but consider it a booster shot which will renew society's immune system against fascism.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas