[lbo-talk] Pro Kerry bumperstickers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 3 09:29:20 PDT 2004

Chuck0 wrote:

>What Chomsky say to you in some casual conversation is not exactly
>the best venue for him to express a nuanced position on politics.
>But perhaps it is time to knock Chomsky off his big pedestal and
>point out that even the great Chomsky is a human who is capable of
>saying stupid things and taking dumb ass positions.

Chuck, no one belongs on a pedastal, but if there's anyone who deserves to be taken seriously, even if you don't agree with him, it's Chomsky. There's a lot of stuff I don't agree with him on, but he's still a thoroughly admirable fellow. You can't accuse him of being soft on U.S. power, even when it's the Dems he's voted for doing the dirty work - his criticism of Clinton's attack on the drug factory in the Sudan, for example.

Doug