[lbo-talk] Re: Cultural change?

Gary? sladeg at verizon.net
Mon May 3 11:07:09 PDT 2004

From: "Eubulides"
> I thought you asserted the US had no culture or culture makers?
>
> The list of living culture makers currently in the US is so huge and is
> largely built on the names of the people I listed.........

If you have a culture, and one may suppose a lack of culture is in itself a culture, and that culture is built on those names listed, why does your government not represent the ideals held by those named ?

>. If there's a risk that present or future employers
> might not like what you have to say here - or relatives or enemies or
> whatever - then you shouldn't post under your own name or a recognizable
> email address.

So we lack courage in our convictions ? Is this one of the problems of the left, grand verbose postures , counting coup on mail lists but all in secret. Surely the people who need to hear your opinions are the very ones you're hiding from. We've just been treated to a thesis on the 'astounding 60's' that laid the foundation for unsurpassed freedoms and enlightenment, am I to believe that in this land of the free, home of the brave, protector of free speech, forty years on, this cradle of democracy is nothing more than a sham. How deep is your fucking culture now, perhaps you should change your name to Plato.

Gary? ride si sapis