[lbo-talk] Re: Cultural change?

R rhisiart at charter.net
Mon May 3 13:51:21 PDT 2004

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary?" <sladeg at verizon.net> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Saturday, May 01, 2004 10:12 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Cultural change?

From: "R" <rhisiart at charter.net>
> gary?, what the fuck do you suggest we do? i've been waiting for an
> outspoken black voice who doesn't avoid black issues -- which you appear
> be -- on this message board for a long time. let's hear it from you.
>
| is there greater legitimacy in a black voice, I'm not black but neither am
| blind.? Will a voice that tries to recognise all issues do ?

of course. no voice has greater legitimacy than another in the context of your question. i misunderstood -- or misunderestimated -- your comments about the white middle class; comments i largely agree with. i believe there's a preponderance of white intellectual material because the board has a preponderance of white intellectuals, and fellow travelers. ;-) i'm hoping for diversity. i don't see heads buried in BUllSHit very often. i see amazingly intelligent and well informed discussion for the most part.

i very much appreciate what doug is doing, too. thank you, doug. i believe everyone on this board feels that way and makes no bones about expressing it.

i understand your saying people should stop doing. but what do you want them to do?

I came to LBO for an education and I thank Doug for this outlet . In the context of this forum we shouldn't accept eloquence over substance. There is a tendency toward a single perspective, mainly white intellectual, that is airy fairy fluff, the left is inneffective because it is composed of philosophers and dreamers , elitist and out of touch. Rationalising their position in life and not staring too hard in case they see whose shoulders they're standing on. and Doug, I'm not saying let's give up, fuck it all, I'm saying let's stop burying our heads in bullshit.

Gary? ride si sapis