[lbo-talk] Federal Election Committee Survey

snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Mon May 3 18:27:57 PDT 2004

Hey hey hey. I just participated in the Federal Election Committee Research survey! Has anyone else rec'd the call? I've been surfing their site, trying to find a copy of the questions, so far it's a poorly designed site! So, no luck.

I can't put my finger on it, but the questions really set me off. I wish you'd get multiple votes for how loudly you say NO to a machine! I laughed at myself, knowing it was a machine, but snarling at it anyway. NO! I do not agree with the admin's policy in Iraq! NO NO NO, one thousand times NO!

Anyway, these questions, as I recall them, just struck me the wrong way. Or maybe it was the machine voice? I dunno, but I really got annoyed and I can see how it easy it is to get confused by what they are asking you. I don't believe they had the option of allowing you to press # and have the question repeated back to you.

I should have written them down, but I was busy at the time. To the best of my recollection, the questions were yes or no:

1. Do you plan to vote Nov 2?

2. IF you were to vote today, would you vote for John F. Kerry or George W. Bush? Please say Yes or NO after the name.

3. Do you support the pro-life position? (I'm pretty sure this is how they asked it!)

4. Would like to see taxes reduced and, if so, would like to see that _your_ tax burden is reduced? (again, I wasn't focusing enough. All I know is i said NO!)

5. Do you agree with the administration's current policy in Iraq?

6. Are you 50 or older?

7. Are you male?

8. Have you ever contributed to a political party, religious organization, or..? (can't recall what was said exactly?)

Kelley