[lbo-talk] Pro Kerry bumperstickers

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 3 18:53:51 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> This sort of thing is a large part of the reason the U.S. radical left
> is so tiny. Who in their right minds would want to hang around a bunch
> who spent their time on this kind of nasty and thought-empty
> insult-trading and sniping?

I'm not part of the left and have no interest building the American left. And since when is an exchange of political insults a reason for any political tendency being "tiny." This would be an incrediby boring list if everybody agreed with each other.

> Fortunately, I have met a fair number of anarchists and other radicals
> in my life who were actually good-humored, pleasant, friendly people to
> be around, or I would have become a regular, apolitical American long ago.

That's funny, everybody who knows me would characterize me as being good-natured, pleasant, personable, funny, friendly and a good person to be around. That doesn't mean that I have to be nice and pleasant to people I disagree with! In fact, everything I've written today has been incredibly civil given the typical discourse found in Internet flame wars.

Chuck0