[lbo-talk] Cultural Change?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 09:48:48 PDT 2004

May I venture to suggest that peasants -- most of the population in the USSR at that time -- were not usually interested in "revolutionary democracy"? They rarely knew how to read. They were interested in dropping prices and sticking it to the kulaks.

I this this whole denying the advances that were made under the Soviets thing is absurd. The USSR didn't _really_ industrialize, I guess. It didn't _really_ have a 99% literacy rate. And Yury Gagarin was an animatronic robot.

By the way, why is Stalin killing "loyal Bolsheviks" somehow worse that Lenin and Trotsky killing Russian Orthodox clergy? Is the life of Bukharin worth more than that of a priest?

I am really starting to think that Sore Loserism, whoops, I mean Trotskyism, rots your brain.

Until the late 20's there was still great potential in the USSR. After Uncle Joe started to consolidate, the chances to reconcile Leninism w/ revolutionary democracy were smashed. as y'all know some date it earlier to the banning of factions in the Party like the Workers Opposition.