[lbo-talk] Re: Ralph Nader, Suicide Bomber

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue May 4 15:14:12 PDT 2004

BklynMagus wrote:

> Dear List:
>
>>From tomorrow's edition of The Village Voice
>
> http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0418/levine.php
>
> How the Great Crusader used the Green Party to get his revenge
> Ralph Nader, Suicide Bomber
> by Harry G. Levine

A pretty pathetic hack job aimed at Nader. I'm betting that Mr. Levine get a job with the Workers World Party after the election so he can turn his talents towards disciplining any leftists who rock the boat.

"The most pernicious myth spread by his campaign was the Tweedledee and Tweedledum line—a claim columnist Marianne Means branded "insane" and his opposite number Pat Buchanan never got near."

Pernicious myth? Al Gore was the same thing as George W. Bush. That's why the election was so damn close--people couldn't tell the difference.

It's important to view Bush as he looked at the time in 2000, not as the neocon puppet that he became after 9-11. In 2000, Bush was talking about being a compassionate conservative and reforming education. He did not come across as an extremist bent on world domination.

I'm looking forward to next year when President Kerry brings the troops home from all over the globe, and then dismantles the U.S. nuclear arsenal and overall war machine.

Chuck0