[lbo-talk] Khrushchev

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 19:41:04 PDT 2004

> Charles Brown wrote:
>
> >And actually, Leninist Nikita Khrushchev , General
> Secretary ( top
> >leader) of the CPSU, did criticize Stalin for
> murderous repression.

Well, at least repression of the Party . . . the "secret speech" didn't mention Stalin's crimes against others. Though I am a considerable admirer of K, who built his earlier career as a Stalinist hatchetman on a pile of human skulls, and then came to largely dismantle the gulag.

And was K a "Leninist"? God only knows what that means, maybe that one approves of his actions.

Anyobe read the new bio of K?

jks